Thursday, November 18, 2010

Eight Down, Five to Go

Hey internet!  How's it going?  I'm good.  I have what some people would refer to as "a tan" (or, others, "normal human coloring").  Thanks, Hawaii!  You were awesome.  You are also good at mai tais, happy hour all the time, Japanese tourists, Louis Vuitton, and sunshine.  In no particular order.  Keep it up!
 Anyway, enough about Hello Kitty-themed buffet restaurants.  Do you remember when I broke my camera, got a new one, said I would blog All The Time and Be Really Good At The Internet, and even made a list to prove it?  That was a long time ago.  

Let's see where we stand on my commitment to you.

1. Carrot juice. I got a juicer this summer with some frequent flyer miles.  Woot!  It's huge.  It makes a lot of noise.  I made a lot of carrot juice, and all kinds of juices, for about ... three weeks.  It is really hard to clean.  And it is huge.  We have a small kitchen, people.
2. A whole fish all by myself.  Does it count if Boyfriend Chef makes this all the time and I eat it?  I have to get the bones out myself.  Okay, yes, it counts.
3. Croissants.
4. Bagels. A classic Sisters Fierce outing: make these!
5. Challah.  CHALLAH BACK Y'ALL.  (Fierce Brother the Younger hates it when I say anything "challah = holler" related, which is why I am leaving this in here.  To torture him.  It's what big sisters do.) 
6. Handground hamburgers ...
7 & 8. ... with homemade ketchup, mayo, and mustard.
9. ... and homemade french fries.  

10. ... and brioche buns to accompany numbers six through nine. Operation Cheeseburger was a resounding success.  Hopefully we don't get snowed in for eight more days this year and I won't have to repeat it.
11. Swedish kanellbullar. (Cinnamon and cardamom rolls. In Swedish. Trust me they are J
ÄTTEBRA.)
12. Real gingerbread cake. 
13. BONUS ITEM!!!  Homemade pasta.


So, what's left? Croissants, challah, kanellbullar (without messing up this time), gingerbread cake, and pasta.  I have 43 days to go: better loosen up my elastic waistband pants now cause it's going to get a little carbtastic, evidently, with what remains.

Anyone have any good recipes for my remaining items?  Send them our way!  I promise to work hard to finish up my list.  Elastic waistbands be damned.

1 comment:

  1. I challenge you to a pasta making challenge-off.

    You should also look into this: http://thedaringkitchen.com/

    ReplyDelete