|San Francisco seen from Alcatraz Island|
- Plantain cakes with cumin sour cream and black beans in the Mission
- Roti bread with curry dipping sauce Downtown
- French bread french toast with mascarpone (brilliant!) and berries in the Mission
- lots and lots of seafood in Monterey
- pad thai somewhere within view of the Golden Gate Bridge
- unbelievable dumplings and hot pot in Chinatown
- Real Italian Pizza (cracker thin crust! mozzarella di bufalo! heart be still!) and a frutti di bosco-cream tart in North Beach
- blood orange tiramisu in the Mission
- build your own garlic bread near the painted ladies
- vegan split pea soup in the Mission
- lots of beverages, everywhere: Trappist in Oakland, Monk's Kettle and Pi Bar in the Mission, mimosas with every breakfast
Do you sense a pattern? Obviously, I stayed in the Mission district. We had great late night burritos and quesadillas, awesome breakfasts, and easy transportation.
|Der, Does this need a label?|
Now, I'm back to Real Life: cooking and baking for myself. Working. Putting aside money for the next vacation. Any suggestions? What was the last place you went that hurt you to leave?